The list of items below can be performed online at cityofbelfast.org.
- Real Estate Tax payments https://epayment.informe.org/payportonline/welcome
- Sewer payments https://epayment.informe.org/payportonline/welcome
- ATV re-registrations https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Boat re-registrations https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Snowmobile re-registrations https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Hunting Licenses https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Fishing Licenses https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Dog Licenses https://apps1.web.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/dog_license/index.pl
All transaction to be completed online, can be accessed through our website, cityofbelfast.org - under “How do I: Pay Taxes”.
The items below are transactions that will require an in person transaction:
- New Vehicle Registrations
- Marriage Licenses
- New Resident Registrations
- Notary Services
- Any New ATV, Boat & Snowmobile Registrations
- Birth, Death & Marriage Certificates (Mail or in person)
Tax Collector’s Notice
For 2021 Tax Bills, the Payment Due Dates are November 15, 2021 and March 1, 2022. Reminder notices have been sent as of February 1, 2022, please disregard if you have paid the second half or full amount within the last 2 weeks.
The Tax Collector’s Office is responsible for collecting and safeguarding monies received for various taxes, fees, and charges such as tax billing and payments, sewer billing and payments, motor vehicle registrations, and Inland Fisheries and Wildlife registrations.
Agents/Attorneys: If you are looking to request information for a closing, please print this Tax Request Form (PDF) and submit to the Tax Office by email or fax 207-338-6222. We will complete and send information back to you as soon as we receive it.
You may pay taxes or sewer online as well as your vehicle registrations.
View information about tax-acquired property.