- City Government
- Planning & Codes
Planning & Codes Department
The Planning and Codes Department performs a variety of services intended to protect, maintain, and develop an attractive, safe, and healthy environment. Primary functions address property development and land use activities occurring in the City.
The Planning and Codes Department provides direction and leadership in implementing the goals, objectives, and policies of the Master Plan as adopted by the City Council.
The Department is also responsible for the orderly development of the City and the administration of various land use regulations, including the zoning code, design review ordinances, and sign ordinance.
inforME Payment Portal (link)
Permit payments submitted must wait for a Planning and Codes Department issued permit fee (to be received by email to the applicant once staff has reviewed the permit application).
Permit Forms & Documents
Permit Forms are now available in a download and fill PDF format. Below are links to frequently used Permit Forms and the Fee Schedule. Online permitting also available with link above.
Code and other Information
- State of Maine Bureau of Building Codes Website
- Letter from CEO, Steve Wilson - New Laws and Codes Internal Plumbing, Effective January 1, 2022
- Letter from CEO, Steve Wilson - New Law requiring installation and maintenance of fuel gas detectors - Effective January 1, 2022
- State of Maine - Fuel Gas Detector information
City of Belfast Curbside Program
- Curbside Belfast Application - WINTER EXTENSION 2022-2023 Season
- 2022 Considerations for Converting Outdoor Spaces into seating
- Curbside Belfast Design Requirements
Comprehensive Plan Committee
- The Comprehensive Plan Committee is managed by the City Managers Office. They can be reached at 207-338-3370 ext. 110.
- The Comprehensive Plan Committee Page can be accessed through this link.