- City Government
- City Clerk
The City Clerk's office maintains vital records (birth, death, marriages) election records, City Council minutes, financial records, town reports, ordinances, committee reports, etc.
Residents wishing to obtain certain City records may contact the City Clerk's office. In many instances, individual departments may also retain records.
Almost all transactions can be done online.
The list of items below can be performed online at cityofbelfast.org.
- Real Estate Tax payments https://epayment.informe.org/payportonline/welcome
- Sewer payments https://epayment.informe.org/payportonline/welcome
- ATV re-registrations https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Boat re-registrations https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Snowmobile re-registrations https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Hunting Licenses https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Fishing Licenses https://www5.informe.org/ifw/online_services.htm
- Dog Licenses https://apps1.web.maine.gov/cgi-bin/online/dog_license/index.pl
All transaction to be completed online, can be accessed through our website, cityofbelfast.org - under “How do I: Pay Taxes”.
The items below are transactions that will require an in person transaction:
- New Vehicle Registrations
- Marriage Licenses
- New Resident Registrations
- Notary Services
- Any New ATV, Boat & Snowmobile Registrations
- Birth, Death & Marriage Certificates (Mail or in person)
All General Assistance requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or (207)338-3370 Ext 120 and a staff member will contact you. All emergencies should be directed to 911.