City Council Meetings
- 7:00 pm
- First and Third Tuesday of each month
- City Hall, Council Chambers
131 Church St.
- Walter Ash Jr., Mayor Term Exp: November 2017
- Mary Mortier, Councilor Ward 1 Term Exp: November 2018
- Neal Harkness, Councilor Ward 2 Term Exp: November 2018
- Eric Sanders, Councilor Ward 3 Term Exp: November 2017
- Michael Hurley, Councilor Ward 4 Term Exp: November 2017
- John Arrison, Councilor Ward 5 Term Exp: November 2018
The City of Belfast is governed by a Mayor and City Council who are elected by the people of Belfast. The Mayor and City Council acting together are the governing body. All governing body members serve two-year terms. The governing body, being the elected representative of the people, adopts all ordinances and resolutions and determines the general goals and policies.
Read more about the Belfast City Council