The City of Belfast takes advantage of the many working relationships it has with other economic development organizations operating in the region. We will often refer businesses to one or more of these entities when they are seeking information on a specific business development issue:
- Coastal Counties Workforce - This program is a government-funded workforce development agency, tasked with assisting with job training programs for both employees and employers. Coastal Counties Workforce works with the City of Belfast to develop responsive and customized job training programs to assist employers.
- Eastern Maine Development Corporation - The corporation is an economic development organization serving the eastern Maine region providing a wide range of business assistance programs and services, including government contracting, lending programs, and site location services.
- Maine Business Answers - A program of the Maine Department of Economic and Community Development, Maine Business Answers exists to assist new and existing businesses with start up and expansion. Through its One-Stop Business Licensing Center, it can offer information on all of the state licenses a business is required to have.
- Maine International Trade Center - This program provides technical assistance and trade counseling, import and export leads, international credit reports, workshops, coordinated trade missions, and trade shows.
- Maine Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MMEP) - This partnership provides affordable, innovative solutions to the problems encountered by today’s manufacturing enterprise by facilitating interaction between industry, government, and academia.
- Maine Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) - This program provides a variety of government contracting technical assistance services to Maine-based business of all sizes. PTAC can assist with registrations, market research, and understanding the solicitation process and contract requirements, and offers one-on-one counseling, training workshops, and networking opportunities.
- Maine Small Business Development Centers - The center provides free comprehensive business management assistance, training, resource and information services to Maine's micro, small, and technology-based businesses.
- MaineStream Finance: This agency provides free business assistance on a variety of topics such as business plans, marketing, advertising, loan preparation, and buying a business.